Puppy Potty Training In 2 Simple Steps!

 Like myself I'm sure you have been scrambling around the internet for a potty training solution. Everyone's done it. Well, your searching can come to an end! Today I am going to tell you what worked best for me and my Frenchton Rory. 


There is seriously only one main thing you need to know... You have to do the work. If you take your puppy out every thirty minutes to the same spot every time, your puppy will soon learn that they go potty outside. Dogs learn from habits, and when you get them in the very good habit of going outside to the same spot every single time, your puppy will be potty trained within weeks! 

Step 1. Take your dog out every thirty minutes. You can stretch this time period as your puppy learns, but for the first few days keep it consistent. TIP: Consistency, consistency, consistency is key!! 

Step 2. Praise and reward. Every time your puppy goes to the bathroom outside give them a reward. What I do is give a treat while saying my praise word. It would go something like this: Rory my puppy is outside and she squats to go to the bathroom. I say, "good girl. Good potty!" while giving her a treat. When you use a treat with your praise word eventually you will be able to give the dog enough reward with just the word. Make sure you use good quality treats so your dog really enjoys this process.

Step 3. Wait... There is no step three!


Recap: Take your puppy out consistently, and praise often! 

Don't worry if it takes time to potty train your puppy, this is one skill that takes a lot of patience. This is what worked best for me, but maybe you and your dog are different, so keep on trying because your dog will be potty trained eventually. If you have any other tips for other people, feel free to write in the comments below, I would love another perspective to learn from!

Have a great day and happy potty training! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything you need to know about Frenchtons

Why Your Dog Get's Absolutely Crazy

My Dog's "Life Story"